Natural Park of Sierra Nevada and the Alpujarras
Enclave of great landscape value, the Natural Park of Sierra Nevada and the Alpujarras (south side of this mountain) are perfect stages to enjoy active tourism, with offers such as rafting, canoe descents and crossings, hiking, bungee jumping, etc. Here are all the options that SaltaRios offers in this environment:
- Rafting in Granada: the river Guadalfeo receives each year hundreds of rafting fans. The activity is practiced from Orgiva and can be taken by sections. Click in the link if you wat to practice rafting in Granada.
- Canyoning: action, contact with nature and incredible emotions. SaltaRios offers different descents of canyoning in the Natural Park of de Sierra Nevada and the Granada’s Alpujarra, such as Tajo del Cortes, Poqueira and Trevelez. Contact with us by telephone if you’re interested in this activity.
- Canoe descent: it is practiced in the same places as rafting, i.e. the Guadalfeo river, which offers excellent conditions to enjoy a descent with rapids and obstacles. Other places where the activity may take place are Trévelez and the different zones of the Genil River. Click in the link if you want more information about the
canoe descent in Granada.
- Canoe crossing:in the Natural Park of Sierra Nevada and the Alpujarra, SaltaRios offers two places to practice canoe crossings: they are the reservoirs of Quentar and Canales, where you’ll enjoy a trip on board of the canoes. Monitors shall help you during the whole activity. ¿Do you like this proposal? Click in the link to get information about canoe crossing.
- Hiking: in this page you’ll find walking proposals that shall lead you to areas of great natural interest and inestimable landscape value. In the Natural Park of Sierra Nevada we have routes in the zone of Guejar-Sierra and in the Alpujarra we have routes in Trevelez and Poqueira. Find the routes of hiking in Sierra Nevada that you can do with us.
- Bungee jumping: if you’re looking for strong emotions, bungee jumping is for you. We do it in the bridge of Lanjaron. It is a jump of 80 meters that shall not leave you indifferent.
- Paragliding: an activity that shall bring you great emotions. If you’re up to, your destination is Cenes de la Vega, where our professionals shall guide you in this experience. Get more information about paragliding by clicking in this link.
- Horse riding: in Vilas you can enjoy an activity suitable for everyone which is practiced in touch with nature. Specialist riders shall help you to enjoy the most of your horse riding .
Natural Park of Sierras de Tejada, Almijara y Alhama
It’s a mountainous area that physically separates the provinces of Malaga and Granada. A spectacular landscape which constitutes one of our main destinations to enjoy activities. We recommend you the followings:
- Canyoning: an activity that our clients enjoy during the whole year. In the mountains of the Natural Park of the Sierras de Tejada, Almijara & Alhama there are two destinations to practice canyoning in Granada: the canyons of Rio Verde and Lenteji. They are two places with great natural value which meet the appropriate conditions both for canyoning beginners and for experts. Click in the following link to contract a session of canyoning in Granada .
- Hiking: our hiking routes are an excellent formula to combine physical exercise with outdoor enjoyment. The walks through the Natural Park, in which you’ll find beautiful paths and places of great beauty, are suitable for everyone and perfect for groups of travelers who love nature. Our web page includes a section with more information about hiking which allows booking online .
The term Tropical Coast refers to the coast of Granada, a territory that is made up of more than fifteen municipalities. Some of these municipalities are a tourist destination with millions of persons per year, such as Motril. This region has spots with high scenic interest and we opted to present the alternatives of leisure and active tourism offered by the cliffs of Maro and Cerro Gordo, a Natural Spot between Nerja (province of Malaga) and Almuñecar (province of Granada). What can you plan in this subtropical climate destination?
- Kayak routes: accompanied and guided with a monitor with accredited formation, enjoy a kayak route (individual or double) through any part of this destination. This environment is also a perfect place to practice Stand up Paddle (Paddle Surf), a relaxing leisure proposal suitable to be done alone, in couple or in groups and that we offer in Salobreña. Contact with us if you want more information.
- Coasteering: coasteering is a sport that has gained many supporters in recent years. Similar to canyoning (the same equipment is used), offers to those who practice it an entertaining route through the coast which combines, for example, abseiling, jumps, hiking, etcetera… We’re at your disposal if you want more information about coasteering, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Diving: La Herradura is a perfect place to enjoy diving, both if it’s your first time and if you’ve done it before. In this page you can get more information about diving in La Herradura.
Located in the South of Spain and in the Autonomous Region of Andalusia, the city and the province of Granada constitute one of the referent tourist destinations in Spain. The culture, the historic monuments, the climate, the gastronomy and the environment (with Sierra Nevada as a reference point) turn Granada into a magic place. What plan do we propose in the city?
- Hiking and urban walks: if you like to walk, SaltaRios offers you the possibility to discover spots of great interest in mountain zones next to the city. We adapt the options to your needs, contact us.
- Segway and Electrical bicycles route: join this simple way to discover the city of Granada. Reserve your Segway route and move comfortably from one point to another avoiding traffic jams and without getting tired. If you prefer electrical bicycles, the one we have shall make your displacements enormously easier. SaltaRios has several routes at your disposal; we name them city tours in Granada. Reserve from our webpage.
- Tapas route: get in touch with one of the main ways of leisure in our country: Tapas [snacks]. SaltaRios programs routes so that you can enjoy our gastronomy. Phone us to organize this activity!
- Flamenco night: the flamenco bars are the guardians of much of our popular folklore. You’ll enjoy a unique show in which music and dancing are the protagonists. Get more information by calling us.
- Cultural Gymkhana: the history, the monuments and the settlers of Granada turn our city into a perfect place to have fun, meet the past and enjoy your time with friends or family playing this gymkhana. We offer different options, from sports to cultural. They take place through the city. Contact us if you want us to prepare this activity for you and your friends.
Desert of Gorafe and Badland of Negratín
We are in front of one of the most extreme and amazing landscapes of Andalusia. Characterized by its coloring and its morphological peculiarities, it offers the visitors a real visual show with its characteristic badlands. The main characteristics of this landscape are combined with interesting zones for the traveler, such as the megalithic park, the fortress of Cuervo of the Covarrones. In this area, SaltaRios offers 4Wd routes that you’ll enjoy in a unique environment. Contact us if you want more information!Reservoir of Cubillas
With a Sierra Nevada view and belonging to the basin of the Guadalquivir, the reservoir is the perfect place to practice sport activities. It’s one of the usual destinations of SaltaRios, who prepares scholar programs and company incentives in the zone. In this case, we recommend contacting us by phone to design specific activities. Some of the activities we offer are tyroline, abseil, archery, dinghy sailing, kayak, pedal boats, paddle surf, air beds and aquatic banana.
Reservoir of Cubillas
Located in the village of Loja, the district of Riofrio consolidates its fame as reference in the breeding of trout and sturgeon. Its fish farm allows the visitor enjoying the first ecological caviar and placing this town at the top of the gastronomic tourism of Andalusia. We organize plans for those who want to taste this succulent dish. Contact us!
Loja also offers possibilities for the practice of outdoor sports. That’s the case of the via ferrata of Cueva Hora, a route mounted with excellence and divided into four parts. The characteristics of this via ferrata make it suitable for everyone. If you want more information, check out our web’s section of via ferrata in Andalusia. We accept reserves online.